Michigan Football Recruiting News
- Michigan Football Recruiting News
Winston piling up the offers
- The scholarship offers have arrived in a flurry for Lamar Winston
. First, it was USC that joined the chase last week. California and UCLA followed and, on Wednesday, the four-star athlete from Portland (Ore.) Central Catholic officially added Michigan
to his expanding list.
Calvin Ashley adds 5th star, could be No. 1
- Who do you want anchoring your offensive line in the future if you want to compete for a championship? Many will say Calvin Ashley. The offensive tackle is only a sophomore, but Scout named him a five-star Tuesday and he will challenge for the No. 1 ranking for 2017...
Video - Jones Aggressive and Quick
- Scout breaks down highlights and provides an evaluation of Scout Top 300 prospect Jaylon Jones, a 5-foot-11, 176-pound defensive back from Allen (Texas) High...
Kansas St. Commit has Michigan Tie
- Wichita (Kan.) East DE Xavier Kelly is currently committed to Kansas State, but that didn’t stop Michigan
from extending a scholarship offer yesterday. It’s a move that has the three-star prospect is pondering what he’ll do next.
Jackson: Michigan's Approach Very ‘Genuine’
- 2016 Elk Grove (Calif.) Franklin three-star athlete Lamar Jackson recently picked up an offer from the Michigan
Wolverines. Jackson discusses his impression of the coaching staff, visit plans, and more.
Perry: 'Michigan Offer Was Jaw Dropping'
- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy 2016 safety Spencer Perry was "shocked" when Michigan
offered. Read all about his interest in the wolverines, his thoughts on a visit and more insid.e
Team 19 headed on Big 12 tour
- Every year, former NFL receiver Keyshawn Johnson takes several players from his Team 19 7v7 squad on a road trip to visit a handful of colleges. This weekend, Johnson will take 10 of his guys to check out Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska.
Mayden no longer has favorites
- Oregon, Ohio State and TCU were the top three for Jared Mayden but the Sachse, Texas, standout said he has reopened his recruitment to all programs and no longer has any favorites.
Upshur recaps most recent MD visit
- Rivals100 TE Naseir Upshur
was in College Park once again for the Terps' men's basketball win over Wisconsin. He talks about the visit.
Boyd Building Strong Bond With Wheatley
- 2016 Houston (Tex.) Stratford three-star running back Rakeem Boyd opens up about his new Michigan
offer, Jim Harbaugh, and his relationship with Wolverines’ running back coach Tyrone Wheatley.
LSU Offers 2017 4-Star Jeffrey Okudah
- South Grand Prairie (Texas) 2017 four-star prospect Jeffrey Okudah landed his latest offer Monday from LSU and talked to Scout about the Tigers.
Michigan a Factor for Bryson Young
- Clovis (Calif.) Buchanan DE Bryson Young had been fling under the recruiting radar until last week when Michigan
jumped in with a scholarship offer.
Menet adds Bama offer
- Major programs continue to add their names to Rivals100 offensive lineman Michal Menet
's offer sheet. This time Alabama extended an offer to the Reading (Pa.) Exeter Township Senior star.
Cuts coming for R250 Okwara
- Rivals250 prospect Julian Okwara
has been picking up offers left and right. The Tennessee Volunteers were the latest to offer the Charlotte (N.C.) Ardrey Kell star and he could announce a short list some time in the next few weeks.
R250 DE Hall picks Ohio State
- Ohio State identified Terrell Hall
as priority early on in the recruiting process and recruited him harder than any other school. That's what led to the Washington (D.C.) St. John's College High Rivals250 defensive end's decision to commit to the Buckeyes.
Costello Focused on Three, Looks to Visit U-M
- 2016 Santa Margarita (Calif.) Catholic four-star quarterback K.J. Costello appears to be in the home stretch of his recruitment. Costello discusses three schools he’s focused on, a possible visit to Michigan
soon, and more.
Jackson Visits Wildcats
- Northwestern hosts Saline (Mich.) class of 2016 quarterback Josh Jackson, who has an offer from the Wildcats.
Kareem ‘Open,’ Enjoys Michigan Experience
- 2016 Farmington Hills (Mich.) Harrison four-star defensive end Khalid Kareem has the size and athletic ability big programs covet. Kareem discusses his status with Michigan
State, recent visit to Michigan
, and more.
Woods talks Opening tryouts and recruiting
- Jordan Woods spent the day working hard at the Nike Football
Opening Regional try out in Kissimmee, Florida and afterward he spent some time talking about the even and the recruitment process for the 4-star defensive end from Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic.
Strunk Adds Second Offer
- Things are starting to pick up for Ohio offensive lineman Dalton Strunk as he added his second scholarship offer from Miami Ohio.
Miami Opening Regional: Top 2016 Performers
- Over 250 football
players took the field Saturday to compete at the Miami Opening Regional. Scout was there with many eyes on the talent and we name our top five 2016 performers here…
Asiasi Has Some Standouts
- The Concord (Calif.) De La Salle tight end, Devin Asiasi, has a few schools standing out to him...
Wade Is A Top 2017 Prospect
- Clairton cornerback Lamont Wade is a top 2017 prospect in the state of Pennsylvania, and he certainly looked the part last weekend in Youngstown at the Pylon 7on7.
UVA hosts DB Pryts
- Defensive back Andrew Pryts
has been blowing up lately but hasn't taken a ton of visits. Virginia was lucky enough to host him on Saturday.
Smith Loves Michigan’s Coaching Staff
- These days it’s probably easier for Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy DE/LB Rahshaun Smith to point out the teams he hasn’t been offered by than those he has. Standing out on a list that long is difficult to achieve, but Michigan
laying the groundwork necessary to be among the teams that do just that.
U-M has Recruiting Asset in “Momma Gwen”
has hosted a number of recruits in recent weeks, and many of their parents left raving about Michigan
’s new Director of Player Development, Gwendolyn Bush.
Beech Impressed By Rockets
- A Junior Day visit by Ohio center Chris Beech left him impressed with the job Toledo head coach Matt Campbell and his staff are doing with the Rockets.
Scout Highlights: Ohio LB Zach Sandwisch
- One of the top players in Ohio to watch in the 2016 recruiting class is linebacker Zach Sandwisch. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound prospect showed why he’s already earned a handful of offers with a great junior season that saw him not take the field until Week Six following a transfer.